My play-based, depth-oriented memoir project includes my memoir excerpts, performances, dreams, letters, and a collection of images inspired by the birth of my surrogate son in 1987.
I am also available to help you create and share your stories!
Applause for Mary Alice’s Memoir Project Performances:
Full out Swing art. So real, embodied, playful….and story telling. Archetypal made tangible.
You make it clear that getting in touch with, and living from the heart is natural and simple…. though quite hidden, and perhaps scary for most modern people….. And a sometimes struggle, ….but something which can be taught/discovered and shared together, playfully and creatively. Here is my bravo…. but the story is ongoing….
I now have a deeper understanding of how playfulness can be a medium of understanding…. for one thing it can help us deal with the “scaries” as it lets us interact with ourselves.
~ Betsy Wetzig
How You Can Get Involved in the Memoir Project:
- Share this Page with your Friends and Colleagues
- Arrange to interview Mary Alice about her memoir, I Would Have Named Him Peter: Mary Gives Birth To Self
- Read excerpts from my memoir & writer’s notes
- Listen to the “I Received the Call” Broadcast
- Contact Mary Alice to book her as a speaker at your next conference or event