An Invitation to Create & Share Your Story
My play-based memoir project includes my forthcoming written memoir, performances, dreams, letters, and a collection of images inspired by the birth of my surrogate son in 1987. A series of dreams and synchronicities has helped me understand that my memoir is not meant to stand alone.
I am also creating a collective play-based, depth-oriented memoir project so others (like you!) can share your stories.
Applause for Mary Alice’s Memoir Project Performances:
So you! and yet you reporting on you.
Full out Swing art. So real, embodied, playful….and story telling. Archetypal made tangible.
You make it clear that getting in touch with, and living from the heart is natural and simple…. though quite hidden, and perhaps scary for most modern people….. And a sometimes struggle, ….but something which can be taught/discovered and shared together, playfully and creatively. Here is my bravo…. but the story is ongoing….
I now have a deeper understanding of how playfulness can be a medium of understanding…. for one thing it can help us deal with the “scaries” as it lets us interact with ourselves.
How You Can Get Involved in the Memoir Project:
- Share this Page with your Friends and Colleagues.
- Sign-up to receive ‘Play Notes‘ in your in-box so you won’t miss any updates
- Interview me about my forthcoming memoir, I Would Have Named Him Peter, and the ongoing ‘Memoir Project‘.
- Read excerpts from my memoir & writer’s notes
- Listen to the “I Received the Call” Podcast
- Ask me about joining a 21-day ‘Re-Play Your Creativity’ Challenge in February 2018.
- Purchase a copy of the ‘Start Your Memoir’ E-Book ($12). It’s designed to make your writing even easier. Download, printout, and use like a playbook or cut out and add to your journal.
Write email@example.com to schedule a performance or workshop:
Examples of performance and workshop venues are women’s studies, writing programs, humanistic studies, education programs, creativity classes; university and arts-related conferences, interdisciplinary studies programs, health & wellness centers.
In February 2017, I offered a 21-Day ‘Start Your Memoir’ Challenge. I had great fun creating and sharing the images, prompts, and blog posts that were sent to group members who participated. Look for the 21-Day ‘Re-Play Your Creativity’ Challenge in February 2018.